74. They have billions, we have millions. Why is there no pressure at all on the people with billions?

In France a month ago actions started called “Nuit Debout”, “We stand up at night”. Hundreds of thousands of common citizens became active because the 1% and their servants want to control even more the 99% by introducing new restricting work conditions.
Some people call it the beginning of a revolution but the highest power in the country, the 1%, is not attacked at all. The billions in the slogan is only a word, there are only conflicts with the political class that makes life for the 1% even more easy (and more profitable).
This cannot be the start of a revolution. Some people called the actions in 1969 a mini-revolution because the leader of the political class, general De Gaulle, was removed from power but the rest of the political class and the 1% continued to be on top of society. Only in 1789 some action was undertaken to make the French Revolution a real revolution. The slogan “Aristocrats on the gallows” was directed against the 1% who was indeed defeated though they returned in power a few years later.

The situation in France deteriorates because the government has installed a state of emergency after the Paris bombings of last year. It increases control over the 99% and leaves the 1% untouched. It is one of the underlying reasons for the Night Debout. The actions are like a war in which all victims belong to the 99% while the 1% avoids any danger in quiet parts of the country or even in other countries.

The actions are not the beginning of a revolution but show that the differences between the political class and the 99% grow. The polling successes of populist leaders show that this process happens everywhere in Europe.

A revolution is only possible when there are activities that pressure the 1%. That is not yet the case. The movement is partly initiated and controlled by trade union leaders who are very close to the political class. Many hope to enter the political class though there are some trade union leaders who genuine defend the rights of the 99% and who try to increase the influence of the masses. The influence of trade-unions is now much greater than during the interesting days in the sixties when a government was forced to resign. That will now probably not happen.

The 99% only ask the political class to change their policy and are not busy to remove this class and the 1% from power (and too much money).

To get a world without a 1% in which all people have the same status (a revolution), attacks on the 1% have to be started. Without such attacks society remains in the hands of the same people and a revolution is impossible.

Read chapter 1. “How to make revolution and why did past revolutions fail? Activists should develop an autonomous Fourth People’s Power.” via  http://members.chello.nl/jsteenis/Revolution1.htm.
Or download freely my latest book “How to make Revolution, developing the Fourth People’s Power” via http://members.chello.nl/jsteenis/Revolution.pdf about how to pressure the 1%.
Facebook ”Occupy the 1%”

Advertisements

About Joost van Steenis

My latest book "How to make Revolution, developing the Fourth People's Power", can be downloaded for free from my site http://members.chello.nl/jsteenis. It contains new ideas how to take the money and power away from the most powerful people, the elite. It strives to get a new society in which not money is the pivotal point of all discussions but the idea that all people have the same status. New action means are introduced to reach this paradigm shift (a revolution) that concentrate on direct actions in the living sphere of the elite.
This entry was posted in 1%, 99%, Action, guerrilla, inequality and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s